Kargo Achieves SOC 2® Type 2 Certification
| Kargo | 2 min
What You Need to Know
Kargo is pleased to announce our company is Service Organization Control 2 (SOC 2) Type 2 certified by the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA).
This certification is available to organizations that provide business-to-business information system services. With Kargo’s certification, our clients can remain confident our security controls meet heightened industry standards designed to keep data safe.
“SOC 2 is our latest commitment to ensure sensitive information remains protected. As a company that handles massive volumes of freight data every day, information security is an ongoing priority,” says Kargo Head of Software Bingyan Liu.
Clients that wish to review our SOC 2 certification report can email firstname.lastname@example.org
About SOC 2 Certification
SOC 2 is a widely recognized standard of data security. The AICPA upholds five pillars for certification, referred to as the Trust Services Criteria:
- Security: Ensuring controls protect data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, or disruption
- Availability: Ensuring systems and data are available for use when needed
- Processing integrity: Ensuring data is processed correctly and that the results of the processing are valid
- Confidentiality: Ensuring sensitive data is not disclosed to unauthorized parties
- Privacy: Ensuring controls data private and comply with relevant regulations
Certification signifies that Kargo has physical and digital security measures in place to protect data from threats, respond appropriately to incidents, and maintain business continuity for our clients.
By comparison, when data is left vulnerable, it can lead to breaches that threaten operations, risk banking and other financial accounts, trigger complex liability issues, and undermine profitability.
As more logistics companies digitize their operations, it’s essential that partners like Kargo ensure the protection of valuable freight data. For more on Kargo’s commitment to data security or to request a copy of our SOC 2 certification report, email email@example.com
Connect With us
Ask us anything or drop your email to stay in touch